Terms and Conditions
Last updated: March 20, 2023.
By accessing the website https://onlinestudentlife.com, (hereinafter the “Website”), and any content therein (which is defined below) owned by Online Student Life (hereinafter “Online Student Life”, “we”, “us”, “our”), including through a mobile device, you (hereinafter “user”, “you”, “your”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”). Please read all Terms and Conditions thoroughly before using our Website.
This Website is intended for users 13 years of age or older. To access or use our Website, you must be 13 years or older and have the mental capacity to enter into these Terms and Conditions. By using this Website, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age, and that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Use of our Website by anyone under 13 constitutes unauthorized use and is in violation of these Terms.
Acceptable Website Use
You are solely responsible for how you use our Website, services and post any content you choose to make available. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You will use our Website for lawful purposes only, and agree you will not post anything that could harm us or another user,
- Understand that our Website is strictly for personal use only. We retain the right to take any necessary or legal action against anyone who uses our Website, in part or in full, for commercial or competitive reasons;
- You will not harass, threaten or intimidate any employees of Online Student Life,
- We will monitor any content you decide to make available as part of our service, and we reserve the right to remove any content that we feel violates any applicable law or the Terms and Conditions set out in the Agreement,
- You will not post or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights;
- You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our Website, including, but not limited to: (a) accessing data that is not intended for you to access; (b) attempting to interfere with or disrupt our Website by way of submitting a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing, or crashing; (c) attempt to test, probe or scan the vulnerability of our system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures; (d) using (or attempting to use) any device or mechanism, software, robot, spider, or any other means to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or bypass the navigational structure and/or presentation of the Website or content; (e) modify, manipulate or edit any part of our Website by framing, mirroring, reverse engineering, translating, selling or causing others to do so,
- You will not send us any unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
If you decide to purchase a product or service from us, you will also enter into one or more separate agreements in accordance with those purchases, and are subject to the terms outlined in the Terms and Conditions associated with that product or service. All online purchases from us have additional Terms and Conditions specific to that product or service. By making a purchase online through our Website, you authorize your acceptance and agreement to comply with these additional terms, over and above those outlined in our general Terms and Conditions.
User Comment Guidelines
Online Student Life is a supportive community for anyone who wishes to partake in online, distance or traditional learning. Always treat others with respect. You are solely responsible for the content and information should you choose to make available (hereinafter “post” or “posting”) on our Website, whether in blog comments, on social media pages (such as our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) or any other platform maintained by us. If you choose to make a post on our website, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms that your post will NOT:
- Violate any or all applicable law or regulation,
- Constitute a criminal offense,
- Harm us or any other user, including anything harmful, hateful, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, racially offensive or that could be interpreted as upsetting to another user,
- Infringe on the copyright, trademark, proprietary rights or intellectual property rights of others,
- Violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others,
- Constitute what could be interpreted as cyber bullying. If we consider any comments to be of this nature, we will remove your post immediately and reserve our right to take action against you to the full extent of applicable laws,
- B vulgar, obscene in any way, or otherwise objectionable,
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Online Student Life without prior written permission,
- Impersonate another person or entity,
- Be construed as junk mail, spam, unauthorized advertising or promotional materials.
You agree that we hold the sole decision in whether content you post is objectionable, and we have the unilateral right to remove any content you post, without explanation or ramifications. We will exercise these rights to remove any content we feel is not in accordance with the law or our Terms and Conditions.
We will remove any comments that we feel to be spam or self-promoting.
You also understand that we may be obligated to take further legal action, based upon information you post, and reserve our right to do so. Should a third party choose to take legal action against you, as a result of something you posted on our Website, you agree to hold us harmless and fully indemnify us of any legal ramifications or actions.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Website contains original work that has been curated with creativity, originality, dedication, care, detail, planning, experience and creative thinking. This collection of works is considered intellectual property, created and owned by Online Student Life. Our work is protected under Canadian Intellectual Property Laws, which prevents the unauthorized use of any and all of our materials.
These materials may include, but are not limited to: trademarked and copyrighted material, as well as any and all original works on our Website and within the content provided, including but not limited to, website design, layout, photographs, graphics, words, content, information, documents, data, slogans, our logo, artwork, color scheme, branding and/or placement of same on Website, to the extent protectable, and any and all other information accessible through this Website, which constitutes proprietary information. This protection also includes any and all content that appears on the Website, including all blog posts, program names, and any other text whether or not authored by us. All proprietary information and content is hereinafter identified as (“Content”).
You understand and acknowledge you will be in violation of these Intellectual Property Laws should you copy, repost, alter, publish, sell, assist others in selling, manipulate, distribute, or in any way exploit any of the content or intellectual property on the Website, without our express written permission. If any such behavior is discovered or suspected, we reserve the right to immediately revoke your access to our Website, as well as any program or materials you may have purchased, without refund, and we reserve the right to prosecute any actionable infringement or misuse to the full extent of the law.
Use of Content or Free Materials
On our Website, you may be offered a free download or printable as an opt-in offer, in exchange for your name and email address. If you choose to download or opt-in for this free material, you acknowledge and agree this is to be used for personal, non-commercial use only. This material is not to be copied, edited, distributed, or otherwise shared in any way other than in its original form. If you choose to share the material, you agree that you will provide Online Student Life full credit, and will not claim the material to be your own, or attempt to make any sort of gain (financial or otherwise), from our materials.
Our Limited License
Online Student Life (the Licensor) grants you (the Licensee) a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use our Website strictly in accordance with this Agreement. Your use of our Website is strictly for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes unless otherwise stated in this Agreement. No printout or electronic version of any part of our Website may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
As a Licensee, you acknowledge and agree that you will NOT:
- Copy, duplicate, steal, distribute or edit any content or information on our Website, including any material that has been posted by a third party, regardless of whether or not you have purchased the information. This includes any free resources or printable created by Online Student Life. These materials are strictly for personal, non-transferable use only.
- Claim any of our content to be your own, and you understand that doing so constitutes stealing and is a violation of our intellectual property rights.
- Copy, duplicate, steal, post, distribute or use any portion of our Website, including content or products, whether purchased or not, without prior written consent authorized by Online Student Life. You understand that such use may constitute infringement, which may bring about a course of action against you.
- Share purchased or free resources, information or content with others who have not purchased these or otherwise obtained these materials on our Website through their own abilities.
- Use any portion of our Website, including all Content, information, and free or purchased materials in any commercial or personal manner that you could potentially make a profit from, financial or otherwise, on any platform.
- You acknowledge and understand that any actions including, but not limited to, those outlined above constitutes infringement and/or theft of our work. This constitutes violation of these Terms and Conditions and Canadian Intellectual Property Laws, and if necessary, we reserve the right to prosecute this infringement to the full extent of the law.
- Written permission to use any content or information posted on our Website must be granted by Online Student Life before you use any of our information. Requests for written authorization can be made by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your Limited License
- Our Website allows you the opportunity to post your original content to our Website, including, but not limited, to blog comments, testimonials or product reviews. You may also have the opportunity to respond to our emails with comments or feedback, comment on a social media live stream, webinar, or any other medium where content is distributed in a manner that allows for participation or feedback. By participating or posting any sort of information, you acknowledge and take responsibility that you are the owner of anything you post, and you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you choose to submit or post any information listed above, you acknowledge and understand that you are assigning and/or licensing us and any third parties authorized by us, the irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestrictive, worldwide license to use, distribute, sell, copy, edit, exploit, or otherwise publicly disseminate any information or content you post, in whole or in part, with or without identifying you as the author of the original post or comment. If we choose to identify you, you also grant us the right to identify you as the author of any comments, posts, or any other material by posted name, email address, screen name, or any other reasonable manner of identification.
- You agree you are assigning any intellectual property ownership rights, in their entirety, to us by your action and choice to post on our Website, or otherwise provide us with content. You understand that in the event any of your comments or posts are used, in whole or in part, you are not entitled to any payment and will not request any form of payment or favorable treatment in return from us.
- This document, either in part or in full, may not be used, copied or duplicated in any way, shape or form.
All information on this Website has been created solely for educational and informational purposes only. All opinions expressed here are of Online Student Life and not those of anyone else. Online Student Life provides educational information that encompasses the online or distance learning style. This includes any free materials you may receive because of your decision to opt-in, or subscribe to our email list. All information on this Website and/or blog is provided “As Is.”
You understand and acknowledge that Online Student Life is not a Certified Professional Account, financial advisor, accountant, investment expert or any other certified professional. Nothing on this Website, the products and services recommended, or anything distributed via email is intended to take the place of professional consultation from a professor, teacher, doctor, lawyer, accountant, therapist, investment manager, financial advisor or any other professional. You are encouraged to consult with your own professionals for any questions you may have regarding your particular situation regarding educational, legal, business, medical, or financial questions, or any other professional that may address your own individual situation.
We cannot and do not guarantee any type of specific results, outcomes, changes, or gains through use of our Website, products or services, whether legal, financial, or otherwise, nor do we make any guarantees regarding the success of your personal development. Although we share our favourite resources for products and services that can help improve your education and/or personal development, you understand that you may not have the same results as us or as any other person. You acknowledge and agree to this, and understand that your use of any information found on this Website is purely voluntary.
Your decision to visit our Website, use information contained herein, purchase any products or services we offer is purely voluntary, and you understand we are not responsible or liable for any harm or damage to you or your business resulting from direct or indirect use of materials or content contained on our Website. You agree you will not hold Online Student Life liable for any damages whatsoever directly or indirectly resulting from your use of Content or products and/or services on our Website or distributed through email. You agree you will not make any claims against us under any circumstances.
By visiting or using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that Online Student Life makes no guarantees or warranties regarding the condition of our Website, including the functionality, existence of viruses or other components that may harm users’ computers, uninterrupted use, constant access and availability.
We retain the right change or discontinue all or part of our Website, its Content, or any portion thereof without notice. Therefore, some Content may thereafter be unavailable. Our Website, any and all content and products and/or services made available are offered “As Is.” You acknowledge and agree we are not obligated to you in any way to continue running all or part of our Website or any content therein, or any particular products and/or services offered for sale, nor shall we be liable for any harm to you or your business as a direct or indirect result of our decision to alter, remove, or change Content without notice.
We make every effort to make our Website available to you at all times. However, from time to time, our Website may be down for maintenance, repairs, as a result of “crashing” or overuse, or any other reason, known or unknown to you, and you understand and agree that this may occur without explanation. Should this occur, you understand, agree, and acknowledge we are not liable for any damages, losses, interruption in your business, or other inconvenience sustained by you as a direct or indirect result of the unavailability of our Website. We do not owe you an explanation, refund, or any reimbursement, nor do we have any obligation to you to continue running our Website, and you agree to simply check our Website at a later date to confirm when it is back up and running.
If you choose to join our email list, you may be required to provide basic information about yourself, including your name, email address, or other personal information. In order to purchase products or services, you will also be required to submit payment information and a billing address, and you may be asked to create a username and password to gain access to your purchased materials. You are solely responsible for keeping track of your username and password, and understand that you carry the consequences should you choose to share this confidential information with anyone.
You acknowledge and agree that any information you choose to provide to us is purely voluntary. You understand that any information provided to us through our Website or a third-party payment processor will be accurate, current, and belong to you. You will not use anyone else’s information, and agree to carry the consequences should you use anyone else’s information as your own. You also agree that you are to remain financially responsible for any purchases made through our Website by you regardless of the information provided at checkout. Should information become available at a later date confirming you performed unauthorized use of a credit card or other payment information belonging to someone other than yourself, you understand and agree that you alone remain financially responsible for purchases made through our Website.
If you choose to make a purchase, and therefore a payment, through our Website, the information obtained during your purchase, including name, address, credit card information, method of payment, billing information, and other personally identifiable information may be collected by us, as well as our third party payment processing company. You acknowledge and agree that any information provided by you is true and accurate, and to be relied upon by us and our team in processing your payment and delivering our products to you. If your payment should fail to process, we reserve the right to withhold the purchased product from you until payment is processed properly.
Limited Liability for Online Purchases
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information private. While we do our best to monitor and resist any third party hacking to gain access to confidential information held by us, you acknowledge and understand we are not liable for any unauthorized access to or use of your information. Our limitations of liability extend to the fullest possible extent permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree we have no responsibility or liability for any policies of third party payment processing companies we may use to facilitate purchases through our Website. When purchasing on our Website, please note you may also be subject to the legal terms of the payment processing company in addition to ours. Please familiarize yourself with their legal terms any time you make a payment. You agree we are not liable in any way or for any damages you incur as a result of this process, and agree you will not file or assert any claims against us, or the payment processing company, which may arise from your purchase of a product and/or service through our Website.
When you purchase any of our products or services, you may pay by PayPal or credit card. By doing so, you agree to give permission to Online Student Life to charge your credit card for payment automatically.
All sales are final for all products and services on this Website, and Online Student Life does not offer any money-back guarantees. You recognize and agree that you shall not be entitled to a refund for any purchase under any circumstances.
Online Student Life may feature client testimonials in order to provide users of our Website with feedback, comments and personal experiences with our products, services or Website. Although these testimonials are from our actual clients and published with their permission, their experiences with our products or services are not a guarantee that future clients will share those same experiences, or that all clients will have the same experience. You also acknowledge and agree that the clients featured may have different life experiences, financial situations, medical history and state of health. What may have worked for them may not work for you. You agree to use common sense, and consult your personal physical and/or mental health care provider before implementing any information found on our Website.
You acknowledge and agree that by reading any featured testimonials on our Website, you do not expect to experience the same results as those clients, and understand that this information is not a guarantee of the outcome of your individual results.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that the information offered on our Website is general information created solely for educational and informational purposes only. Some Content may not be suitable for all persons, businesses, locations, countries, or specific personal situations. You understand that your decision to use any information or purchase any product and/or service offered on our Website, email list or social media accounts is purely voluntary. For any products or services purchased, you understand we have no way of knowing your entire situation, and you agree you will hold us harmless from any direct or indirect, perceived or actual damages or harm to your person or business as a result of choosing to utilize any information or advice offered.
Under no circumstance will Online Student Life, their team members or agents, be liable to you or any third person for any direct or indirect damages, general, specific, incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages, including any loss incurred by you or your business, including revenues, clients, business, goodwill, income, anticipated income, predicted income, sales, loss of sales or data. You agree that your decision to use our Website is completely at your own risk, and any ramifications resulting from your use of any information on our Website are yours alone, even if we are aware or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We are not liable to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the course of action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to us, for any products and/or services accessed only during the previous month prior to the circumstance which gives rise to liability. By using or visiting our Website, you acknowledge and agree that your use of Content and/or information found herein is to be used at your own risk, with no guarantees, representations, or warranties regarding fitness for particular purpose, accuracy, or otherwise.
You also agree that under no circumstances will we be liable to any party for any type of damages resulting from, or claiming to result from, any use of or reliance on our Website or any information or Content found therein, and you hereby release us from any and all claims whether known now or discovered in the future.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold Online Student Life and any affiliates, agents, team members or other party associated with us from any causes of action, damages, losses, costs, and expenses incurred as a result of your use of our Website or any products or services offered on our Website, free from any loss as well as any third-party claims of any kind (including attorney’s fees) arising from your actions in relation to our Website, or from any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions as defined herein.
Should we be required to defend ourselves in any action directly or indirectly involving you, or an action where we decide your participation or assistance would benefit our defense, you agree to participate and provide any evidence, documents, testimony, or other information deemed useful by us, free of charge. You also understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages incurred as a result of your reliance or use of information on our Website or written by a third party, whether endorsed by us or not, and you agree to release us from any and all claims stemming from your reliance on information found on our Website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada. Should any dispute arise, you agree to resolve any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions by Arbitration and/or a suitable Alternative Dispute Resolution in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, regardless of your location, and agree to be bound by the decision(s) of the selected Mediator. You also agree to participate in good faith in the mediation process, with failure to do so creating our right to pursue any other available legal remedies, including but not limited to alternate forms of dispute resolution or litigation.
We retain the right to refuse or immediately terminate your access to our Website at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. If this should occur, we do not owe you an explanation, nor is this decision subject to any appeals or legal action. If you made any purchases and we deem you entitled to receive or allow continued use of the purchased information, we will make this information available to you in a way we see fit, which you agree will be satisfactory to you. If we deem you not allowed continued use of purchased information, you must delete or destroy any information or Content (including all copies) obtained from our Website.
Updates to Terms and Conditions
It may be necessary to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We reserve our right to make any changes or updates at any time, and you agree it is your responsibility to routinely check these Terms and Conditions for updates. By continuing to use our Website and the Content we produce, you confirm you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as they appear, whether or not you have read them. If you are not in agreement with these Terms and Conditions, do not use our Website or any of the Content that appears thereon. Any modifications to these Terms and Conditions will be effective upon our publishing of any new term(s).
Please read and review these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.